Garden State Chess League
- Play will run from October
4th thru June 30th.
- A round-robin format will be
- Teams will play 1 match per
- The time control will be
- There will be 4 boards per
- The visiting team will have
White on boards 1 and 3.
- A team’s 4-board average
cannot exceed 1900.0 in any match.
- Players rated <1000 will
be considered to have a 1000 rating.
- If an unrated player is used,
the average of the other players in his/her lineup must be 1900.0 or less.
- The USCF’s
September 2011 Golden Database will determine all player ratings for the
- A club may field more than 1
- Once a player competes for a
team, he is bound to them for the season.
Exception: An unbound house player
may be loaned to another team once (just once) and remain eligible for his
- Games will not be USCF-rated.
- Matches will take place at
the West Orange CC on the 1st Tuesday of each month & start at
The paired teams have the option of playing elsewhere within the given month.
- Ties in the standings will be
broken as follows : 1. head to head result; 2. total game points; 3. games