Garden State Chess League
- The league will be comprised
of two divisions. *
- Kenilworth, Newark-McDonald's, Roselle, Summit and West Orange are in the Edgar McCormick
- Dean Of
Chess Academy, Hamilton, Lehigh Valley and Rutgers University are in the Steve Ferrero Division. *
- In the regular season, the Ferrero Division will play a double round-robin. The
McCormick Division will play a modified double round-robin. *
- There will be 1
inter-division playoff round between the division winners & other
corresponding teams (2 vs. 2, 3 vs. 3, 4 vs. 4) to
determine the final standings (1 thru 8). *
- Play will run from October 1st, 2014 thru May 10th, 2015. *
- Teams will play 1 match per
month, except for January 2015 - which has been set aside for
postponements and promotional tournaments. *
- There will be 4 boards per
- A team’s 4-board average
cannot exceed 1925.0 in any match.
- Players rated <1101 will
be considered to have a 1101 rating. *
- Provisional ratings will be
considered established or official.
- Foreign players can be used but
their rating will be converted to the USCF equivalent.
- If an unrated player is used,
the average of the other players in his/her lineup must be 1925.0 or less.
- The lineups must be in rating
order with unrateds at the bottom.
- The USCF’s
September 2014 Golden Database will determine all player ratings for the
- Once a player competes for a
team, he is bound to them for the season.
- The time control will be G/75;d5. If analog clocks are used, they are to be set for
- In the regular season, the visiting
team will have White on boards 1 and 3. *
- In the playoff round, color
allocations will be determined by the following tie-breakers: 1. total
game points; 2. games won. Tiebreak winners get choice of color (White or
Black on boards 1 & 3.) *
- Ties in the divisional
standings will be broken as follows : 1. head to
head result; 2. total game points; 3. games won. *
- If a team does not play half
of its scheduled matches, its results will be nulled.
Forfeited matches are not considered played matches.
* = new
or revised rule for 2014-15