Garden State Chess League
- The league will be comprised
of two 4-team divisions.
- Kenilworth, Newark-McDonald's, Summit and West Orange are in the Edgar McCormick
- Dean Of
Chess Academy, Hamilton, Lehigh Valley and Rutgers University are in the Steve Ferrero Division.
- During the regular season teams
will play 2 matches against each divisional opponent.
- There will be 1
inter-division playoff round between the division winners & other
corresponding teams (2nd place vs. 2nd place, 3rd vs. 3rd, 4th vs. 4th) to determine the final standings (1 thru 8).
- Play will run from October 6th, 2015 thru May 7th, 2016.
- Teams will play 1 match per
month, except for January 2016 - which has been set aside for
postponements and promotional tournaments.
- There will be 4 boards per
- A team’s 4-board average
cannot exceed 1925.0 in any match.
- Players rated <1101 will
be considered to have a 1101 rating.
- Provisional ratings will be
considered established or official.
- Foreign players can be used
but their rating will be converted to the USCF equivalent.
- If an unrated player is used,
the average of the other players in his/her lineup must be 1925.0 or less.
- The lineups must be in rating
order with unrateds at the bottom.
- The USCF’s
September 2015 Golden Database will determine all player ratings for the
- Once a player competes for a
team, he is bound to them for the season.
Time Control & Color
- The time control will be G/75;d5. If analog clocks are used, they are to be set for
- In the regular season, the
visiting team will have White on boards 1 and 3.
- In the playoff round, color
allocations will be determined by the following tie-breakers: 1. total
game points; 2. games won. Tiebreak winners get choice of color (White or
Black on boards 1 & 3.)
Reporting of Match Results &
- The captain of the home team
should photograph the signed, completed reporting card and e-mail it to
- Ties in the divisional
standings will be broken as follows : 1. head to
head result; 2. total game points; 3. games won.
- If a playoff match is drawn,
the 2 teams tie for that place.
- If a team does not play half
of its scheduled matches, its results will be nulled.
Forfeited matches are not considered played matches.