Garden State Chess League
- The league will be comprised
of one 5-team division.
- During the regular season
teams will play 1 match against each opponent.
- Play will run from October 3, 2017 thru March 6, 2018.
- Teams will play 1 match per
month, except for the month they receive a bye.
- No matches are scheduled in
- There will be 4 boards per
- A team’s 4-board average
cannot exceed 1925.0 in any match.
- Players rated <1101 will
be considered to have a 1101 rating.
- Provisional ratings will be
considered established or official.
- Foreign players can be used
but their rating will be converted to the USCF equivalent.
- If an unrated player is used,
the average of the other players in his/her lineup must be 1925.0 or less.
- The lineups must be in rating
order with unrateds at the bottom.
- The USCF’s
September 2017 Golden Database will determine all player ratings for the
- Once a player competes for a
team, he is bound to them for the season.
Time Control & Color
- The time control will be G/75;d5. If analog clocks are used, they are to be set for
- The visiting team will have
White on boards 1 and 3.
Reporting of Match Results &
- The captain of the home team
should photograph the signed, completed reporting card and e-mail it to
- Ties in the divisional
standings will be broken as follows : 1. head to
head result; 2. total game points; 3. games won.
- If a team does not play half
of its scheduled matches, its results will be nulled.
Forfeited matches are not considered played matches.