Calendar - 2010
The Kenilworth Chess Club meets every
Thursday night starting by 8:00 p.m. in the Recreation
Building at 575 Kenilworth Boulevard. We welcome all
chessplayers to attend even if they are not going to
participate in the evening's main event. We usually
have a skittles and discussion room available when
more serious chess is being played in the main hall.
Highlights of the year include the Club Championship
tournament running through February and the Holiday
Party in late December.
For the most up-to-date calendar information, please see the KCC Minutes Blog.
Jan | Feb | Mar | Apr | May | Jun | Jul | Aug |
Sep | Oct | Nov | Dec
January 7 - Garden State Chess League matches : Summit vs. Kenilworth Karpovs, Kenilworth Kortchnois vs. Kenilworth Kramniks
January 14 -Kenilworth CC Championship, Round 1.
20th Kenilworth Chess Club Championship, starts January 14th, 2010
- 5-round Swiss
- G/90 time control.
- Rounds will commence at 8:20 p.m. every Thursday night for the duration of the event.
- Prizes : TBA
- EF: $10 entry fee + $15 dues + $5 anti-forfeit deposit = $30.
- KCC & USCF memberships required.
- Register with TD Geoff McAuliffe during our 1/7 meeting or by 8:20 p.m. on 1/14 @ Kenilworth Community Center, 575 Boulevard, Kenilworth, N.J.
See 2005 Club Championship website and 2006 Championship website and the Chess Coroner blog for stories of past championships.
January 21 -Kenilworth Chess Club Championship, Round 2
January 28 - Kenilworth Chess Club Championship, Round 3
February 4 - Kenilworth Chess Club Championship, Round 4
February 11 - Kenilworth Chess Club Championship, Round 5
February 13-15 - World Amateur Teams and U.S. TEAM EAST, PARSIPPANY, NJ.
we had two teams
entered and won best NJ team. In 2006
, our A-Team finished a respectable 21st in a field of 272. And in 2007
, our A-Team played at Board #1 in Round 5 but lost a close match to the eventual tournament winner. We keep going up and up -- maybe 2010 will be the victory year? Stop by to visit if you are not playing. It is a great event. Parsippany Hilton 1 Hilton Ct., Parsippany,N.J. 07054.
February 18 - Garden State Chesss League match : Staten Island vs. Kenilworth Karpovs
February 25 - To be announced
March 4 - To be announced
March 11 - Kenilworth Quads #3, Round 1. USCF-rated, G/60, 3-RR, EF: $10, Prizes $30 to 1st in each quad.
March 18 - Kenilworth Quads #3, Round 2
March 25 - Kenilworth Quads #3, Round 3
April 1 - Garden State Chess League match : Kenilworth Kramniks vs. Kenilworth Karpovs
April 8 - 5-Minute Tournament
April 15 - Lecture by IM Marc Esserman on the Smith-Morra Gambit. $10 and open to all.
April 22 - Kenilworth Consultation Game #5, week 1
April 29 - Kenilworth Consultation Game #5, week 2
May 6 - Irving Ellner Memorial #3, Round 1. USCF-rated, G/45, 3-SS, EF : $10, Prizes : TBA
May 13 - Irving Ellner Memorial #3, Round 2
May 20 - Irving Ellner Memorial #3, Round 3
May 27 - To be announced
June 3 -
- Start of Summer Tournament.
Please submit your entry and pay your entry fee by
this date. Here are the tentative rules of the tournament:
- Entry Fee is $5.00.
- The tournament will run from June 3 through August 26.
- The time control is G/60.
- You may play anyone in the tournament. The first time you play an opponent, the lower rated player has white, in subsequent games against the same opponent you alternate colors.
- You may not play the same opponent more than four times in the tournament.
- You get one point for a win, one half point for a draw, and zero for a loss.
- You may play as many or as few games as you like, but no more than two in one night. The more you play the more points you can win.
- All games are to be played at the Kenilworth Chess Club during normal operating hours.
- The winner is the person who has the most points at the end of the tournament.
- The prizes are 60% for first place, 30% for second, and 10% for third.
June 10- Kenilworth Summer Tournament
June 17- Kenilworth Summer Tournament
June 24 - Kenilworth Summer Tournament
July 1 - Kenilworth Summer Tournament
July 8 - Kenilworth Summer Tournament
July 15 - Kenilworth Summer Tournament
July 22 - Kenilworth Summer Tournament
July 29- Kenilworth Summer Tournament
August 5 - Kenilworth Summer Tournament
August 12 - Kenilworth Summer Tournament
August 19 - Kenilworth Summer Tournament
August 26 - Kenilworth Summer Tournament, last round
September 2 - Garden State Chess League meeting or match.
September 9 - Steve Stoyko lecture on the King's Indian, Part I, $5
September 16 - Steve Stoyko lecture on the King's Indian, Part II, $5
September 23 - Steve Stoyko lecture on the King's Indian, Part III, $5
September 30 - Steve Stoyko lecture on the King's Indian, Part IV, $5
October 7 - Steve Stoyko lecture on the King's Indian, Part V, $5.
Garden State Chess League matches originally scheduled for today were postponed.
October 14 - Kenilworth Quads #4, Round 1. USCF Rated, G/60, 3-RR, EF $10, Prizes $30 to 1st in each quad.
October 21 - Kenilworth Quads #4, Round 2
October 28 - Kenilworth Quads #4, Round 3
November 4 - Garden State Chess League matches
November 11 - USCF Rated KCC G/30 Swiss -- Round 1 and 2
November 18 -
USCF Rated KCC G/30 Swiss -- Round 3 and 4
November 25 - NO MEETING. Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday.
December 2 - NM Scott Massey lecture on the World Championship $5 EF
December 9 - Kenilworth Consultation Game #6, week 1
December 16 - Kenilworth Consultation Game #6, week 2
December 23 - Holiday Party and Annual Business Meeting
December 30 - Casual play.
Updated 11.01.2010 |